I’m a Musician, Lecturer and Creative Director based in the UK. In addition to my work with Orange Soul Studios, I currently teach Audio Production along with Sound and Audio Theory at the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, which is part of Nottingham Trent University. I’m also an Honorary Associate with the Music Department at The Open University and an Associate Lecturer, teaching their music courses throughout the UK. In the recent past, I have worked for the Royal College of Music on the Listening Experience Database project and I have been an Associate Editor for The International Journal of the Book.
I read Music at The University of Nottingham where I studied composition with Nicholas Sackman. Prior to this, I’d been awarded the Nellie Greenhill Memorial Prize by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and in May 2008, I won the Bernard Slee Music Award. I was then fortunate enough to receive a joint scholarship by The Society for Music Analysis together with The University of Nottingham that enabled me to gain a Master’s Degree in 2009. Having been granted a doctoral award from the Arts & Humanities Research Council in England, I’m currently studying for a PhD in Music at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
Over the last decade or so I’ve performed across much of the UK in addition to southern Ireland, Germany and the US. My involvements have included studio, television and orchestral work. Having performed with the COMA Ensemble and the Nottingham Symphony Orchestra, I’ve also benefitted from an official endorsement from Warwick basses and I now regularly perform both live and in the studio.
• BSc (Hons)/FdSc Sound and Audio Theory (Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, Nottingham Trent University) October 2018 – Present
• BSc (Hons) Audio Production Technology (Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, Nottingham Trent University) October 2018 – Present
• MMus in Performance, Critical Portfolio (Royal College of Music) May 2015
• MA in Music (The Open University) September 2014 – June 2017
• Inside Music (The Open University) September 2011 – Present
• The Technology of Music (The Open University) January 2011 – June 2015
• BMus (Hons) Music, Year 2 Case Studies (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire) September 2010 – July 2011